Static correction is the most valuable procedure of seismic processing and interpretation. Prime allows you to compute and apply high-frequency and long-period static corrections. Algorithms of static shifts computation differ from conventional by robustness and ability to efficiently use a priori information in depth domain for long-period static computation.
Long-period static shifts computation is significant and actual task. Processing accuracy and precision requirements, aim not to lose information by long-period static shifts computation lead to taking a priori information into account.
A priori information that can be used for static correction described below:
- Data about surface conditions, lithology and boundary configurations in the upper part;
- Information about shots and wells for shots: velocities, lithology, log data etc;
- Layer and average velocities related to the layer which contains heterogeneous upper part art some points on the line;
- Local information about depths horizon, which is located near the base of heterogeneous upper part at some points on the line;
- Information about velocities related to the reference horizons.
Besides static correction you can do other efficient procedures in Prime for upper part compensation: layer reconstruction and surface compensation.